Search This Blog

Friday, March 14, 2014

The BALD TRUTH - Breaking Out Of Your Comfort Zone

I am finally stepping out of my personal comfort zone and hiring a personal trainer at my gym. Now keep in mind that over the past 35 years, I have been a collegiate level athlete in two sports, competed in over 40 triathlons, finished the Body for Life challenge 2 times and spent a lot of time in the gym (gym rat) for most of my adolescent and adult life.What could a young trainer teach ME about working out?

 Let me tell you, A lot! The reason I'm hiring a trainer is that I feel like I have hit a plateau in my workouts. I have my old routines and they are keeping me in pretty good shape. In fact I will say that at almost 55 years old I'm probably in better shape than most 25 year olds. I needed to try something different to help me break through and all I needed was a different perspective that would allow me to hit the next level.

If you have hit a plateau in your sales or management career, your personal life or just feel flat. You may be successful and accomplished much in your life. Outwardly have what most would say is success. Are you where YOU want to be? Could it be you are doing the same things that got you here again and again? Is now the time to hire someone to help you move to the next level.

I will keep you posted on how the training is going. I pretty sure that after even only a few sessions I will see (and feel) the difference. Make the change you need to get to where you want to get. 

Coach Rick Kolster, CBC is the founder of the Peak Performance Group. He speaks The BALD TRUTH and works with leaders to “Roll Up Your Sleeves and Get To Work!” 
Pre-order his new book "Roll Up Your Sleeves and Get To Work" here: www.rollupyoursleevesbook.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment