Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Are you SERIOUS???

Apple finally released the new iPhone 4 to an avalanche of excitement. There were people just drooling over this new phone. When I say excitement.. I'm serious! people were nuts trying to get their own iPhone. I mean seriously, who camps out for a phone? Why would you? I drove by my local Apple store about 10 am this morning just to witness this phenomenon. There were 500+ people in line, some with chairs, umbrellas (Texas heat), I even saw one person who had brought their own box fan and extension cord. This to me is NUTS!



With all that I began to wonder this... Why would these people subject themselves to this torture? No sleep, heat, loss of productive time, and the hassle just for a phone. What does Apple iPhone have that you can't get in another smart phone? I will tell you. Mystique. It has that wow factor that makes it different.



Apple has created a culture, a brand loyalty, that very few companies or people ever do. Think of the brands you remember that conjure up such fierce loyalty that people will create tributes to or even tattoo it on themselves. Harley Davidson, Apple, Nike, The Rolling Stones tongue logo, Marilyn Monroe etc. Why would anyone put the logo of their favorite motorcycle or computer or athletic shoe tattooed on their body? Because the brand has created a remarkable distinction and made itself different from the competition. What would it be like if your brand had such loyalty?



What do you think drives this loyalty? How did Apple become the brand synonymous with revolutionary ideas? Now ask yourself, how can I build brand loyalty for my brand? We all have a personal brand in one shape or another. Whether it is a company brand or maybe even your own personal "brand". How can you or what could you do to make your "brand" remarkable. Many years ago when I started my latest career as a speaker and executive coach it was critical to build a brand that works for me. I began to brand myself as a business coach call "COACH RICK". Now when someone asked about me most people will say "Oh yea, Coach Rick, I know him or I get his e-mail the "BALD TRUTH" good stuff."

I took years to build this brand and continue to promote Coach Rick as the speaker for your event or coach for your business. All my clients call me Coach Rick and when the talk about going through one of my programs or seminars the refer to me as Coach Rick. This is branding. Personal branding. My brand stands for a couple of things; Integrity, commitment, serving, relationships, quality and Fun. What does your brand say about you? This week work on how you can become remarkable and make your brand stand out head and shoulders from your competition.

Just Roll up your sleeves and get to work.

Coach Rick

http://www.coachrick.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment